Monday, June 18, 2007
- Name: Hans Rosling
- Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Professor of International Health, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden. Discoverd konzo, a new epidemic paralytic disease, when serving as doctor in Mocambique 1979-81. Two decades of research in rural Africa traced the cause to toxic ill-processed cassava roots, hunger and poverty. Co-founded Médecines sans Frontier Sweden. Started courses and wrote textbook on Global Health. Initiated university collaborations with Asia and Africa. Co-founded Gapminder that unveils the beuty of statistics by turning boring numbers into enjoyable animations that make sense of the world.
- Save children from suffocation
- Perestroika in the Soviet Republic of Texas!
- Do as Bill Gates did!
- Our new book on GLOBAL HEALTH is out!!
- Less sex & more condomes = stop to HIV
- Red cross confirmes ethnic cleansing in Kagera, Ta...
- Ex missionary in Kagera urge Sweden to speak
- Act against illigal expling of Tanzanian citizens!...
- Ethnic cleansing in Kagera in NW Tanzania??
- HIV - begining of the end!